The Shift Manager is someone who thrives on challenging situations and continually looks for opportunities to learn and better the company. They are as comfortable taking responsibility as they are delegating it. Shift leaders understand that customer satisfaction always takes priority but efficient restaurant operations make it possible. They are friendly, positive, enthusiastic and encourage staff members around them. They must know every station, food item and responsibility to make sure the flow is quick and efficient on a day to day basis. They report directly to the sous chef and executive chef.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. In this position you will frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Be on your feet for a full work day constantly moving.
• Must be 18 years of age or older .
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities
• Good knowledge of proper methods of handling and storing food.
• Ability to supervise, instruct and give on-the-job training to others and evaluate programs.
• Basic knowledge of most food allergies and what they entail.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Able to use touch-sensitive POS System
• Able to work in a high-temperature kitchen for an extended period of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
• Full Time and Part Time positions available.
• Days and hours of work vary based on need.
• Must be flexible and available to work evenings, and weekends frequently and some holidays.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Previous experience is preferred.
• Completed training in all areas of restaurant
• Completion of a recognized course in cooking or food service supervision.
• Some supervisory experience or a combination of training and experience.
• Ability to teach people that may have little to no training in the food service industry.
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.