A cashier performs several job duties and provides customer service. Cashiers take orders and make coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications. They operate cash registers and credit card machines. Cashiers may field customer complaints or questions, as well. They must clean restaurant areas, restrooms, and preparation areas during a normal shift. Cashiers work to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages and food, as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day with open communication with the FOH manager.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
• Basic knowledge and ability to use simple computer devices
• Previous work experience with coffee and other beverages preferred
• Great people skills and personality to help ensure recurring business and customer retention
• Ability to work under pressure
• Physical stamina to stand for the majority of your shift.
• Ability to read charts and understand food allergies
• Exceptional time management skills targeted at providing customers with timely orders
• Excellent attention to detail aimed at ensuring orders are accurate
• Proven ability to perform preventative and general maintenance on coffee bar equipment Special talent for adhering to recipe policies of the company
• Qualified to handle cashiering services by handling payments
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
• Full-time and Part-time positions available.
• Days and hours of work vary based on need.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends frequently, and some holidays.
Education and Experience required:
• Food Handler’s Permit
• Work experience in a coffee shop or similar facility
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.